May 7, 2019

Poetryarn entrevista a... Sasha Koffer!

My name is Sasha and I’m from Russia. 
I live in a small town with my husband, my sweet daughters and lots of yarn. 
I'm a night-toys-crocheter:) I am trying to bring joy in all my creations
Crocheting Amigurumi is so much fun to do. 
I think it is great that you can crochet everywhere!

Me llamo Sasha y soy de Rusia. Vivo en una pequeña ciudad con mi marido, mis dulces hijas y con mucha lana. Soy ganchillera nocturna de juguetes :) Trato de traer alegría a todas mis creaciones. Tejer amigurumis es muy divertido. Creo que es maravilloso que puedes hacer ganchillo en cualquier sitio!


Since you started knitting and designing, until the present moment, what would it be the most relevant piece of knowledge that this profession has given to you?
I think the best piece of knowledge would be learning from who has more experience. It is essential and less time consuming. And the most  important thing: Enjoy it! Every stitch! Every round! 

Desde que empezaste tejiendo y diseñando, hasta ahora, ¿cuál sería el conocimiento más importante que esta profesión te ha dado.
Creo que el mayor conocimiento sería el haber aprendido de aquellos con más experiencia que yo, es esencial y ahorra mucho tiempo. Y lo más importante: ¡disfruta cada punto y cada vuelta!


In your opinion, what is the link between crochet and art? Would you elevate crochet as an art discipline?
This is a very difficult question to answer. Millions of people around the world are crocheting. It is very popular craft. Just as with any craft, a few have taken the versatility of crochet and turned it into amazing works of art. I think it’s wonderful when craft and art intersect and I appreciate when crochet is the craft used in this way.

Qué relación crees que hay entre ganchillo y el arte, lo elevarías a dicha categoría?
Esta pregunta es muy difícil de responder. Millones de personas en todo el mundo hacen ganchillo. Es una manualidad muy popular. Y como en toda manualidad, algunos han usado la versatilidad del ganchillo y lo han convertido en asombrosos trabajos de arte. Creo que es maravilloso cuando artesanía y arte se cruzan y aprecio cuando el crochet es la artesanía usada de esa manera.


From all your designs, some of my favorites are the lion and the reindeer. I have observed that since the beginning of your Instagram account, these characters have starred some of your most adorable photographs. Your work is sweet and delicate, how did you come up with the idea of knitting the same sweater to both, your children and your dolls? What version of the garment came up first? Did your children ask for it?
I just don’t like naked toys! For the first time I crocheted the reindeer in January of 2017. It was my first big-nose toy. At that moment, I was thinking about an anniversary gift for my girlfriend's daughter. I wanted to prepare something special! So this idea appeared!

Uno de mis personajes favoritos de tus diseños son el león y el reno, veo que desde que creaste la cuenta de Instagram estos personajes han protagonizado alguna de las fotos más tiernas, tu trabajo es delicado y amoroso, ¿cómo surgió la idea de tejer a tus bebés el mismo suéter que a tus muñecos? ¿Qué vino antes? ¿Lo pidieron ellos?
¡Simplemente no me gustan los juguetes desnudos! La primera vez que hice un reno fue en Enero de 2017. Era mi primer juguete con nariz grande. En ese momento, estaba pensando en que sería un regalo de cumpleaños para hija de mi amiga. ¡Quería hacer algo especial y esta idea apareció!


Can you tell us, what three aspects of your personality are manifested in your creations?
All my characters are full of joy, charisma and see beauty in the details. Exactly like me!

Qué tres cualidades de tu personalidad crees que se reflejan en tus creaciones?
Todos mis personajes están llenos de alegría, carisma y muestran belleza en los detalles. ¡Exactamente como yo!


If you had to choose a sentence to define your creative world, what would it be?
Worry less - crochet big-nose friends! 

Si tuvieras que elegir una frase para definir tu mundo, creativo, ¿cuál sería?
Menos preocupaciones, tejed amigos de narices grandes!


This interview was made by Poetryarn and translated by Laura Algarra

MORE CROCHATTING HERE

1 comment:

  1. Qué lindo post !! Sin duda alguna, Sasha tiene mucho talento !! Qué bonito todo lo que crea.
    Muy feliz tarde y besotes
    Caty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...