May 22, 2018

Amour Fou entrevista a... Lana Choi!

Let me introduce myself. 

LANAdolls Creation Lab works on ways to design hand-crocheted dolls and make them pretty and easy for everyone.

Although it is currently only in South Korea, I plan to share it with people around the world soon.

Permitidme que me presente,
LANAdolls Creation Lab trabaja en formas de diseñar muñecos de ganchillo y hacerlos bonitos y fáciles para todo el mundo.
Aunque actualmente estamos en Corea del Sur, planeo compartirlo con gente de todo el mundo pronto.


I'm always interested in knowing how other designers started crochetting and making dolls. What's your story?
I originally run an optician shop.
One day in 2013, I fell in love with an amineko brought by a client and learned about it for the first time.
Later, I learned a lot of skills by myself by reading books and with YouTube.
Creating new dolls is so much fun that I use my thread and needle almost every day.

Siempre me interesa saber cómo otros diseñadores empezaron a tejer en crochet y a hacer muñecos... ¿Cuál es tu historia?
Originalmente, gestiono una óptica. Un día, en 2013, me enamoré de un amineko que trajo un cliente y supe de ello por primera vez. Más tarde, aprendí muchas habilidades por mi misma, leyendo libros y con Youtube.
Crear nuevos muñecos es tan divertido que suelo usar mi gancho y el hilo casi cada día.


If you had to choose one of your designs to be your avatar, which one would it be?
Actually, I made my avatar in 2014. I always took it with me when I go on a trip.

Si tuvieras que elegir uno de tus diseños para que fuera tu avatar, ¿cuál sería?
De hecho, tejí mi avatar en 2014. Siempre lo llevo conmigo cuando voy de viaje.


Which would you say is the best lesson you've learnt in all those years that you'd like to share?

Enjoy it.
When you work happily, you get the best results.


¿Cuál dirías que fue la mejor lección que aprendiste en todos estos años y que te gustaría compartir?
 Disfrútalo. Cuando trabajas feliz, obtienes los mejores resultados.


As a doll designer, I usually have to face the dilemma of creating what I like or what I think other people would like. Does it happen to you? How do you manage it?
When I do my favorite work, I get the most enjoyable and the most beautiful results. 
If I start making dolls that people would like, my style might gradually fade away.
I know the reason people like my doll is because they like my style. 

Como diseñadora de muñecos, frecuentemente me encuentro en la disyuntiva entre crear lo que me gusta a mí o lo que pienso que le puede gustar a los demás... ¿Te suele pasar? ¿Cómo lo resuelves?
Cuando hago lo que más me gusta es cuando tengo los mejores resultados. Si empiezo a hacer los muñecos que la gente quiere, mi estilo iría disipándose. Se que la razón por la que a la gente le gustan mis muñecos es precisamente por mi estilo.


What do you do when a project does not turn out as it was supposed to? Do you give it up and start a different one or try and try until it works?
I know that working hard will produce good results.
So, when things aren't going well, I stop and do something else.
When you want to do it, take it out again and make it.
In some cases, they can be taken out in a day or a week or a year or so to resume.

¿Qué haces cuando un proyecto no sale como lo tenías en mente? ¿Eres de abandonarlo y pensar otro o intentas hasta que sale?
Se que trabajar duro aporta buenos resultados. Por ello, cuando las cosas no van bien, paso y hago otra cosa.Cuando quieras seguir, lo sacas de nuevo y lo haces.
En algunos casos puede ser después de un día, o una semana o un año, etc.


If you could add a new technique to your designs, wchich one would it be?
Rather than add technical skill, I would like to make each doll up a story.
I want to make a photo story book or a stop motion movie. 

Si pudieras sumar una nueva técnica a tus diseños, ¿Cuál sería?
Más que una nueva técnica, me gustaría inventarme una historia para cada muñeco, me gustaría hacer un libro de historias con fotografías, o vídeos de stop motion.


This interview was made by Amour Fou
Esta entrevista fue hecha por Amour Fou

2 comments:

  1. Que hermoso tejes, felicidades! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time here at your blog and wanted to say i enjoyed reading this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...