January 3, 2017

Teje y Punto, Madrid

I met Lucía in the WWKIPD. She organized a knitters meeting at El Retiro, and there I went, with some friends, a picnic and a bottle of cava. By the way, I was crocheting Herb Alpin that day and people started asking me: "What is it, what is it...?" hihiiiii As I've told you before, I was feeling a bit under the weather by that time, but this gathering was very good to me. It allowed me to meet new people, new crocheters and knitters, and it reminded me how important is to share the knitting moment. I enjoy crochetting alone very much, but to do it in company is necessary and therapeutic, I reckon.

Conocí a Lucía en El Día Mundial de Tejer en Público. Ella organizó un encuentro de tejedoras en El Retiro, y ahí me planté con unas amigas, unos picnics y una botella de cava. Por cierto, recuerdo que ese día estaba tejiendo a Herb Alpin y la gente me preguntaba :"Qué es, qué es...?" jijiiiii... Como os he comentado en otras ocasiones, en esa época estaba recién instalada en Madrid y un poco perdida, pero esta reunión me ayudó a encontrarme un poco. Me sirvió para volver a estar en contacto con tejedoras, y recordarme lo importante y bueno que es compartir el momento de tejer. Me gusta mucho tejer sola, pero tejer en compañía es necesario y terapéutico. 

TEJE Y PUNTO

Months later, Lucía told me that she was opening a yarns shop with room for workshops and then I almost fainted. A new whole amusement park was going to be born. Is not like there're no yarn shops in Madrid, fortunately there are a few of them, but this one is special because I've seen its birth. Besides it's located in one of the coolest neighbourhoods in Madrid, Chueca. 

Meses después, Lucía me contó que iba a abrir una tienda de lanas con espacio para talleres y ya ahí me dio el desmayo. El nombre, ideal: Teje y Punto. No es que no haya tiendas de lanas y talleres en Madrid, afortunadamente hay alguna, pero esta la he visto nacer, y  está en uno de los barrios más guay de Madrid, en Chueca. Y, además, es de Lucía... (Quizá la conocíais ya por las redes sociales, bajo el nombre de Knitting the Skyline, conocida entre otras cosas, por las Knitting Parties de We Are Knitters.)




Esa soy yo! Hola!

They have a lot of workshops in Teje y Punto, and there are much more to come. Knitting, crochet, embroidery... with all sort of designers and professionals walking around the place. (Actually, next Saturday the 7th, I'm giving a workshop there to teach how to crochet A Winter Hat.) You'll also find there a nice sellection of yarns and cottons, knitting accesories, kits, books and magazines, and the star of the moment: the XXL merino. Everything condensed in a small and warm space overflowinf with thrill and joy.

En Teje y Punto se van a impartir todo tipo de talleres. Tanto continuos de ganchillo, punto, bordado... como monográficos con todo tipo de diseñadores y profesores circulando por ahí. (Sin ir más lejos, el próximo 7 de enero voy a impartir un taller para tejer A Winter Hat.) También podéis encontrar en su tiendita un buen surtido de lanas, algodones, accesorios, kits, revistas y libros y el merino XXL que es la sensación del momento. Todo concentrado en un pequeño espacio rebosante de ilusión.


Some instagram moments in Teje y Punto
Algunos momentos instagram en Teje y Punto



From time to time, I like to grab a coffe and pay her a short visit. Then I touch everything that's in the shop and buy some things that I don't need at all but I desperately want. If you also want to touch all the yarns in Lucía's shop, grab a coffe and go to Luis de Góngora Street in Madrid.

Yo a veces me compro un café para llevar y me voy a echar la mañana ahí, toqueteo todas las lanas, caigo en pecado y me compro alguna cosa que no necesito pero quiero urgentemente. Si tú también quieres toquetear todas las lanas de Lucía, píllate un café y acércate a la Calle Luis de Góngora en Madrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...